• ja

    “Frequently Asked Questions” uploaded

    Frequently Asked Questions

    (ver. April 13)

    Course General:

    Q1) In relation to Nitobe School courses, I must be absent from twice sessions in a class in order to attend other class in my Graduate School. Even in that case, can I enroll in Nitobe School?
    A1) Basically you can, but it differs in the format and assignment each course.
    Please ask teaching staff of the course concerned after the admission.

    Q2) When and how should I register the courses in Nitobe School?
    A2) The period and procedure are different in each courses. For more information, please check the ”course_registration”

    Q3) Are Nitobe School subjects included in the credits required for completion of master’s program?
    A3) Nitobe School subjects are offered as Inter-Graduate School Classes, and
    can also be added to the completion requirements. As the number of credits in each Graduate School is different, please ask Academic Affairs in your graduate school for more information.

    Q4) I am a graduate student at doctoral program. Can I attend classes of Nitobe School?
    A4) You can apply for Nitobe School even if you are a graduate student of doctoral program as well as master’s program. The Nitobe School students will be able to take the basic and support courses (English courses).


    Support (English) courses

    Q1) Can I attend all of the Nitobe School English courses (Ⅰa, Ⅱa, Ⅰb, Ⅱb) ?
    A1) Yes, you can. However, if the student number is greater than the capacity, you may not be able to attend.

    Q2) Although English Ⅰa course has already been offering, are there any difference between Monday, Wednesday, and Friday class?
    A2) As English Ⅰa course, each of the three classes has basically the same contents. However, according to your English proficiency, the students are to belong to one of three classes at a later date.

    Q3) Can English courses Ⅰa and Ⅱa, which amount to 2 credits, be included in 8 credits required for the completion of Nitobe School?
    A3) By offering in advance, you can substitute 2 credits of English courses Ⅰa and Ⅱa (Ⅰb and Ⅱb as well) for 2 credits of Nitobe School Ⅳ (“problem finding course”) in the basic program (amounting to 8 credits).